What appears below is our regular practice in worship. We hope to get back to this once restrictions for COVID-19 are lifted and we return to in-person gathering.
St. Stephen the Martyr is a strong worship community. Two worship services are held each weekend:
- Saturday evening worship at 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday morning worship at 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday School runs concurrently with Sunday worship at 9:30 a.m.
Holy Communion is distributed at all services and worship includes a variety of liturgies (orders of worship).
Numerous members assist in the worship each week, serving as readers, communion assistants, greeters, and ushers. Other worship preparation volunteers assist with altar decorations, flowers, and material preparation.
In addition to congregational singing in all services, the church enjoys the talents of many musicians and musical groups:
- The choir sings every week at the 9:30 service (except in summer) and rehearses on Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. (Sept.–May).
- Handbell Choir. The handbells play at least monthly and rehearse Wednesdays at 5:45 p.m. (Sept.–May).
- Youth Handchimes. This group of older elementary and middle school students rehearses and performs periodically throughout the year.
- Sunday School Choir. The children of the Sunday School rehearse during class time and sing in services about once a month. They also perform an annual Christmas pageant.
- Soloists and ensembles are always welcome to contribute to the music of the church.
Tabitha Moldenhauer, music director and organist; and Mark Breutzmann, Saturday organist, play for all services, using our pipe organ (a recently installed 23 rank Casavant), grand piano, or Clavinova digital piano.